The NEBOSH International General Certificate is designed for managers, supervisors, worker representatives and others who require an understanding of health and safety principles and practices. Candidates are likely to be employees of large organisations operating outside of the UK, or of multinational companies needing to adopt international standards to accord with local needs & practice. The syllabus omits specific reference to any national legal requirements, but instead focuses on international standards, in particular ILO codes of practice. In common with the national award, the syllabus is structured according to a recognised management framework.
This course is aimed at providing a flexible and practical approach for candidates preparing for the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health. The qualification looks at general workplace issues and can be applied in many sectors.
Benefits of the Course
- A health & Safety qualification has a lot of benefits to the organisation. by creating a safe workplace, as it helps in protecting people from injury and loss of life.
- The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work qualification gives your workforce vital health and safety know-how so they can make a difference and help reduce accidents, control costs, protect your reputation and avoid legal action.
- The typical people who would benefit from this qualification include Team leaders and supervisors, HR professional, facilities manager, those working with young people in a training environment.
What Will You Learn?
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- advise on the main duties for health and safety in the workplace;
- help their organisation to manage contractors;
- work within a health and safety management system;
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of their workplace;
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- take part in incident investigations; and
- help their employer check the effectiveness of the health and safety management systems through monitoring auditing and review.
E0: Introduction to NEBOSH International General Certificate Exam00:00
IG1: Management of Health and Safety
E1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety00:00
E2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like00:00
E3: Managing risk understanding people and processes00:00
E4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring00:00
IG1: Management of health and safety Mock Assessment00:00
IG2: Risk Assessment
E5: Physical and psychological health00:00
E6: Musculoskeletal health00:00
E7: Chemical and biological agents00:00
E8: General workplace issues00:00
E9: Work equipment00:00
IG2: Project Guidance & Forms
E 12: Project Guidance and Forms00:00
IGC Course Feedback Form00:00